This annual event is open to the public, and because the race route follows the downtown streets of Abilene, the course is flat, fast and family-friendly!
The following awards will be given for the 2017 event:
- Plaques for Female Overall Open Winner of the 5K and Female Overall Open Winner of the 10K
- Plaques for Male Overall Open Winner of the 5K and Male Overall Open Winner of the 10K
- Gold Medals for Masters Winners (40+) for both Male and Female, 5 and 10K categories
- Medals for top three males and top three females in each of their age categories
- Ribbons for all participating children, 8 and under
Event details and schedule
8:30 a.m. 5K & 10K Run/Walk Start
All races will begin and end at the Abilene Convention Center and will be routed through downtown.
The 5K & 10K will be chip-timed, and will be limited to two hours.
Race packet pick-up will be Friday at Abilene Running Company, 2654 Industrial Blvd., between noon and 6:00 p.m.
Packet pick-up will resume on race day, at the Abilene Convention Center, beginning at 7:00 a.m.
Mayor's Council on Physical Fitness