For Cinnamon Maple Yogurt Topping
- 2 containers (6 oz. each) or 1 1/2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus ground cinnamon for garnishing
Combine yogurt, maple syrup and cinnamon in small bowl.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
Combine bread and cranberries in large bowl. In a medium bowl, using a wire whisk or electric mixer, beat eggs until frothy. Add milk, sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and salt and mix well. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; stir. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish; let stand for 10 minutes.
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with cinnamon maple yogurt sauce or whipped cream sprinkled with cinnamon.
Makes 15 servings.
Calories per serving: 230
White Chocolate Blueberry Cookie Recipe
Less than 90 calories per cookie, these butter-free treats are made with virgin coconut oil, which purportedly aids in weight loss—particularly around the waist in males, as one study shows. Virgin coconut oil also contains antioxidants and, combined with the antioxidants in the dried blueberries, makes these cookies a dessert or snack you can feel good about eating and sharing with your family.
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 ounces chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup dried blueberries