How to Do a Bent-Over Row
- Bend your knees about 10 to 20 degrees. Keep your back flat (parallel to the ground) and your head aligned with your spine.
- Hold a set of weights, arms are straight down and palms face your body. Begin to lift your elbows toward the ceiling. Lift until your elbows are parallel to your back. At the same time, pull your shoulder blades together.
- Slowly release your arms to starting position.
How to Do a Wood Chop: High to Low
Note: You'll need a band or cable machine to perform this exercise. If you use a band, make sure you use a sturdy pole to wrap or tie it around.
- Move feet a little wider than hip-width apart.
- Keep your chest up, tailbone slightly tucked, and bend your knees a tad bit.
- With both hands, grab hold of the cable or band.
- Rotate the body toward the cable or band, which is a little higher than your shoulder.
- As you pull the cable, rotate your torso and bring the cable down toward your knee.
More: The Ultimate Arm Workout