Black teas generally have a strong, hearty flavor. Black tea is made when the tea leaf goes through complete oxidation, which is simply the process of darkening the tea leaves by exposing them to air. This process causes it to have the highest levels of caffeine compared to other varietals of tea.
Black tea is one of the most popular beverages in the world, often consumed as iced tea or served with milk and sugar.
Black teas I recommend:
- Numi: Morning Rise Breakfast Blend of Black Teas
- An organic blend of keemun black tea, darjeeling black tea, ceylon black tea and assam black tea--all in one tea bag.
- Numi: Golden Chai Spiced Assam Black Tea
- A blend of cinnamon, cardamom and ginger. This tea has a spicy and sweet flavor. I find it really spices up my morning.
- Tazo: Awake
- A dark, rich tea. I drink this one when I need an energy boost.