The Event: This isn't just your typical 5K. We have partnered with the national charity Soles4Souls and local charity Teens Run D.C. and encourage runners to bring a pair of shoes to donate and challenge them to run barefoot (although completely optional)! We will be hosting a mini healthy living expo and clinics before the event on how to "run like you are barefoot" with well known runners and authors. The 5K is now FREE to kids under 12!
The Course: This is no boring road race. We do not reveal the course until race day but be prepared for a cross country-like adventurous course!
The Extras: We have lots of FREE fun events set up for the entire family including a FREE kids 1k race , "foot painting", foot massages, live music, a raffle for a chance to win amazing prizes, a shoe kicking contest and more!
Bare Life mini-expo:
A festival for everything that represents an active, healthy and natural lifestyle.
- Try on, demo and discounts on purchasing Minimalist footwear
- Sample organic and/or natural foods and beverages
- Green and eco-friendly products, businesses and services
- Holistic medical products, services and businesses
- Accessories, apparel and gear for an active lifestyle
- Demos and booths by alternative fitness and lifestyle practices: Paleo, cross-fit, yoga, ChiRunning/walking, parqour, mov-nat, Flow Running and more.
- Clinics by athletes, authors and professionals on minimalist/natural running, nutrition, and more!
- Post event festival with kids activities, foot massages, games, and live music
Event schedule and times
Friday, June 22th, 5-7pm: Packet pick-up at Tenley circle Hudson Trail Outfitters
Saturday, June 23rd: Packet pick-up and "Bare Life" expo 1-6pm.
2-3pm: "Medical perspective on minimalist/barefoot running"
3-4pm: "Learn to run clinic" with Altra footwear
4:30- 6pm: happy hour
AT Rockville Hudson Trail Outfitters
Sunday, June 24th:
8:30am- Free kids 1K
8:50am- Group warm-up
9am- 5K start
9:40am: yoga stretching session with Jordins Paradise
10:00am: Hoopfit demo