The Event: This isn't just your typical 5K. We have partnered with the national charity Soles4Souls and encourage runners to bring a pair of shoes to donate and challenge them to run barefoot (although completely optional)! We will be hosting a mini healthy living expo and clinics before the event on how to "run like you are barefoot" with well known runners and authors. The 5K is now FREE to kids under 12!
The Course: This is no boring road race. We do not reveal the course until race day but be prepared for a cross country-like adventurous course!
The Extras: We have lots of FREE fun events set up for the entire family including a FREE kids 1k race , "foot painting", foot massages, live music, a raffle for a chance to win amazing prizes, a shoe kicking contest and more!
This year we have added a paddle board and multisport option (with an amazingly fun obstacle course element) to the event. We have limited spaces so register early for these options. Please note if you are bringing your own paddle board, you can reserve one online for only $10, day of rental will be $30!
Bare Life mini-expo:
A festival for everything that represents an active, healthy and natural lifestyle.
- Try on, demo and discounts on purchasing Minimalist footwear
- Sample organic and/or natural foods and beverages
- Green and eco-friendly products, businesses and services
- Holistic medical products, services and businesses
- Accessories, apparel and gear for an active lifestyle
- Demos and booths by alternative fitness and lifestyle practices: Paleo, cross-fit, yoga, ChiRunning/walking, parqour, mov-nat, Flow Running and more.
- Clinics by athletes, authors and professionals on minimalist/natural running, nutrition, and more!
- Post event festival with kids activities, foot massages, games, and live music
Also, make sure to check out our website and Facebook page for additional info on upcoming training runs, clinics and giveaways!
Event schedule and times
Friday, October 5th: Packet pick-up, "Learn to Run" clinic by Altra Footwear and happy hour at Hill Country Running Co.
Saturday, October 6th:
8:30am- Free kids 1K
8:50am- Group warm-up
9am- 5K start
9:15- 5k run/paddle
10am- Post event activities, expo